MIA’s blog features many different voices from our museum, including staff and volunteers. However, we do have some bloggers who contribute more frequently than others. Get to know our major bloggers here:
- Job Title: Digital Assets Coordinator
- Interests: K-pop, travel, reading fiction, earning lingots in Duolingo.
- Favorite Piece at MIA: All the playful and contorted pieces from Kitikmeot region.
- Fun Fact: I’m afraid of heights but I’ve already gone bungee jumping in two different countries and really, really, REALLY want to go on the CN Tower Edge Walk
- Job Title: Educational Intern
- Interests: Foreign films, photography, writing, visiting museums and galleries.
- Favorite Piece at MIA: Abraham Ruben’s “Raven and Sedna” (2009).
- Fun Fact: I won my first spelling bee at the age of 10 and have loved the sport ever since!
- Job Title: Retail Sales Associate
- Interests: History, comedy, art & culture, sewing, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
- Favorite Piece at MIA: Just one?! Not happening! I narrowed it down to four: Toonoo Sharky “Transformation,” Nuveeya Ipellie “Muskox,” Mark Tunigilik “Otter” and the Child’s Amauti in our permanent collection. The beading is amazing!
- Fun Fact: I volunteer with a Photographic Historical Society here in the city, so in my off time you can find me talking about photography. A LOT.
- Job Title: Programming and Outreach Assistant
- Interests: Travelling, reading, visiting museums and art galleries.
- Favorite Piece at MIA: Abraham Ruben Piqtoukun’s “Fire Spirits Rising”, Gilbert Hay’s “Nanuk Polar Bear”, and Pauta Saila’s “Dancing Polar Bear” (to name a few!).
- Fun Fact: I hate the cold but I want to travel to the Arctic Circle and Antarctica.